Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our latest project

I thought that summer was coming to an end, and that meant no more yard work... boy was I wrong.

When David and I bought our 5 acres a few years ago, I thought we bought it for the plush trees.

David grew up in Idaho, where nothing grows for years, and now that we live in a state where everything grows like weeds, he wants to cut it down . As you can see in the pictures he has cleared a lot of trees off our land. I guess you could say I have my own personal "Paul Bunyan"

We have been working on our landscaping, and I thought it would be a great idea to plant a perennial garden in between two walkways down to the play area or aka "The Cziep Park" But as always I took more than I could chew. I am still working on my perennial garden, but it became a lot bigger project, and I never knew there were so many types of plants, it is hard to choose.
I guess when you own a home the work is never done!

3 comments:

Ann said...

It looks so pretty. I love perennials. That's what's so great about them is that there are a lot of different kinds. I really like Bee Balm, Cone Flowers now come in yellows and oranges along with the regular white and purple. Black Eyed Susans are another favorite and Phlox and Shasta Daisies. If you have a large area most of them will go to seed and you will have even more next year. But they can get away from you. It's also tricky getting to know what will bloom when so you will have something blooming all the time. Sometimes you need to fill in with annuals. Don't stress over it. Have fun with them.I gave your mom some Holly Hock seeds when she was here. If you would like some, let me know soon. I'm getting ready to cut them down. They are single blooms in three shades of pink.

Janet said...

Your yard looks so pretty. I wish I could see it in person. It looks like a very relaxing, wonderful place to be....when the work that is never is done.

~* Laura Ann *~ said...

Whoa! That is a lot less tree less since I was there! But it looks so nice! I bet the kids just LOVE it! I'm thinking I need to come visit agian... hee hee!