Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not on my list of things to do

For those that do not know me that well, my famous last words to my children "be careful, going to the emergency room today is not on my list of things to do." I always tell them this when we are getting ready to do things around the yard.

Well, like any other Saturday, David had a long list of things to do outside in the yard. For those that know my kids, know that Hunter and Cooper love to be outside, however, Sydnie our "drama queen" loves to stay inside with her cool glass of water and her TV remote on the couch. When she has to go outside to help, it last no more than five minutes and she starts to cry that she has a "heat rash" and that it is just to hot to be outside. So, of course she bats her big blue eyes at her daddy and he then tells her to go inside to cool down.

However, this past Saturday the humidity was low and it was a beautiful day, and Sydnie was having a great time outside, until she tripped over a tree stump and fell down on a tree branch that pierced her right thigh.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...
I was on my way to Home Depot to pick up more bushes, when I got a call to come back home to pick up Sydnie to take her to the emergency room. When I got back to the house Sydnie was crying and saying "my beautiful skin" and "I told you daddy that being outside wasn't a good idea." I asked David what happened, he said she is fine, but she will need to go to the emergency room, and don't look at her leg. I just grabbed Sydnie and drove off.

It wasn't until we got into the emergency room that I finally looked at her leg with the nurse, Sydnie had ever right to be upset, she had a gaping hole in her thigh.
After 8 stitches, and lots of hugs from mom, she was good as new.
I am not sure if her daddy will ever get her to go outside to work now...

5 comments:

Ann said...

That is so sad! With her pretty little legs and skin you should have insured them like the famous models do. :)
I hope she feels better soon and heals nicely.

Brian and Kathi said...

I am so sad for your leg Sydnie! It will be beautiful again I promise. and you will grow up big and the scar will stay small. Kisses for your boo boo.

The Moss Family said...

Ouch!!! I don't blame ya for not wanting to do yard work!!! It's to hot and I wouldn't want you to get a heat rash. Have fun sitting on the couch and getting waited on. After all, you got hurt. :)

Janet said...

Oh dear, that definately looks like it hurt. She is so funny. I love the "heat rash" etc. Sounds like a drama queen in my family. Hate to tell you, it just gets worse! :)

Michelle said...

Oh how sad!! Still a beautiful girl stitches and all. I am waiting for the day I get that call. My boys are wild men outside and I am surprised they haven't gotten more than scratches and bruises. I hope she feels better soon!!