Friday, August 15, 2008

Influence of mothers


Sydnie didn't see the humor in this, but I really had a great laugh at the situation, after she left the room.
Have you ever really sat down to think how much of an influence we are as mothers to our children... Yesterday I went to get my hair cut, I usually do not take any of my children with me, to me this is my time to get pampered after I have pampered everyone else. This time I had to take Sydnie with me, since she will not be in school for a couple more days. While getting my hair done I also got my eye brows waxed, and little miss "I don't miss a thing" must have been
watching very close.
Today she thought she would give herself a eyebrow wax with her Barbie band aids... she came down the stairs crying in despair... it hurts mommy please take them off! This was a picture moment that I could not pass up, so after a quick hug, I told her she would be OK and to just smile for me... I can't believe she was patience enough for me to get my camera.
I know that after this ordeal she will wait a long time to wax her eyebrows...
.

4 comments:

The Moss Family said...

Too funny!!! I was laughing so hard. This will be a great story when she gets older.

Brian and Kathi said...

OMGOSH! How funny! I can't believe you kept it in till she was gone! I would've just start crackin up!

Michelle said...

What a cute girl! That is such a funny story. I do the exact same thing you do. I always tell my boys just stay there I have to get my camera so I can blog about this. And I have to say... I love myself a nice eye brow wax!!!

Janet said...

So funny. I could totally see that happening with a little girl looking up to her mom. You have to just laugh!!!