Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eight Day

Clark Family Reunion


Let the games begin... 2008 Clark Family Olympics, The Games That Rednecks Play.


We have not been to the family reunion in three years and the kids were so excited to get to see all their cousins. We got settled in, and I did not see my kids I think for two days, except to tell me, "this is the coolest mom, can we stay forever!" The first night we rode horses (this is all that Hunter to could talk about for the last three years, "when can I ride Uncle Rogers horse?"), played golf, volleyball, softball and sat around the camp fire and were entertained by Cris and Jayme, playing their guitars.


When ever I need to find Cooper, I could always count on him out behind the cabin, fishing. Sydnie and her two cousins Haley and Kennedy were like the three amigos.


After a restful night, the games began with some great events: Javelin throw(straw throw), standing long grin(who had the biggest smile), the foot race(who had the longest foot), boxing(who could put the pillow in the pillow case first with boxing gloves on) and many more fun games. After games we had lunch and made ice cream in a bag,(you can find the recipe at famiyfun.com) and visited with everyone. After dinner each family did a skit it was a lot of fun!! We stole the song "Granny had a altered farm" we had heard at the Bar J and turned it in to "Roger had a altered farm". It was a hit. John's kids did a cute skit about a fly, thank you to Roger's family's song they sang, "Were from the country and I like it that way", Sydnie is still singing it and now I can't seem to get it out of my head. The next morning we ate breakfast, did the pinatas, which my kids love, since we do it for every holiday (we have been practicing). We took a big family picture out in the middle of the wild flowers, and cleaned up and headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We had such fun time.


Ann you rock, you always have great ideas. Thank you for the great food, games and making it such a success!! We are already saving our money for next year.

No comments: